Best mattress toppers for fibromyalgia sufferers can be hard to find, especially when you don’t what type of mattress will help to alleviate pain.
Once I was in the same boat when my wife was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, over time, we have used many different types of mattress toppers. We found latex, memory foam, and gel memory foam mattress toppers all have their own advantages, but one thing they all provide is contouring to help pain pressure points.
Then we both decided it was time to start looking into the best mattress toppers for fibromyalgia as it was recommended by our friends and family who use the toppers themself.
What Are Mattress Toppers
Mattress toppers can be made of different materials. Each of the material will have its own pros and cons. Maybe you’re allergic to latex or feather; it’s definitely worth your time considering the type of mattress topper you’re going to get.
- Memory foam toppers – they offer the right balance of support and comfort. Memory foam will mold around your body, so your weight is evenly distributed while you’re sleeping. It can also help to reduce disturbance to your partner if you are a person who climbs later into bed. Memory foam also has an inbuilt temperature regulating mechanism. Meaning they will help you stay cool while you sleep.
- Latex toppers – they’re made of natural material which is usually resistant to dust mites as well as bacteria. This mattress topper is hypoallergenic – except for people who suffer from latex allergies. This topper is a little bit more on the expensive side
- Wool toppers – these toppers are one of the most costly toppers available in the market right now. They regulate temperature really well, which is not found in any of the other materials.
- Feather toppers – this mattress topper is one of the softest available in the market. The only thing with feathers is that they can get lumped on one side; it can get hard to fix this type of topper.
- Cotton and polyester blend toppers – these toppers are not as expensive as the other for material type. They will have the same feeling as sleeping on feather toppers. They are very light as well as breathable. The only thing is they will wear out relatively fast.
Best mattress toppers for fibromyalgia are known to increase comfort, especially when a mattress may be old or lumpy. For budget reasons, many people tend to go with mattress toppers rather than by a new mattress.
Health Benefits Of Mattress Toppers
Mattress toppers are an excellent way to save money as well as promote your well-being. The toppers that I reviewed below all help with you to sleep without triggering pressure points of pain.
If your mattress is too hard, then getting a topper may be exactly what you need. Many people suffer from allergies due to dust mites or other allergens in their room. The mattress toppers below are all great at resisting allergens.
Each of the manufacturers uses improved, safe technology to produce toppers resulting in a great product. Due to fewer chemicals being released, make these an excellent choice for an indoor environment.
You will find yourself experiencing the following benefits:
- Save money
- Temperature regulating
- Relief from pressure points of pain
- Better sleep
- Wake up feeling rejuvenated
1. Pure Green 100% Natural Latex Mattress Topper
- Comes in 3 thickness, 1-inch, 2-inch and 3-inch
- 3 levels of firmness being soft, medium and firm
- Contoured body support throughout the night
- Made of 100% Natural latex
- Will keep you cool all night long
- 30-day trial and 5-year warranty
The Pure Green 100% Natural Latex Mattress Topper is 3 inches thick. It is constructed from 100% natural Dunlop latex. What I really like is that there is no synthetic latex materials, fire retardants, or any other types of fillers used in this topper.
Because Dunlop latex is used, the mattress topper offers excellent support to people with fibromyalgia without bounce. It is also softer and provides a more refreshing responsive feeling.
You can get this in three levels of thickness, the review I’m doing today is on the three-inch. The latex topper stays away from contouring or hugging, but instead goes towards a deep level of sinkage; it provides an enveloped like feel.
At no time will you ever feel like you are trapped by latex foam. You will not feel like you are sinking down, but rather, it will put pressure on your pain points to provide pain relief.
This topper is great for people who want to have a bit more firmness to their mattress.
When you open the package topper, there may be a smell. The order is usually gone within 48 hours.
You will get a trial period of 30 days. The warranty is for five years. You also have the option of purchasing an organic cotton cover.
2. ViscoSoft 4 Inch Pillow Top Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Sleep cooler
- Eliminates pain from pressure points
- Adapts to all sleeping positions
- Contoured body support
- Removes motion transfer
- Plush quilted down cover
- 60-day money-back guarantee and 5-year warranty
Sleeping on an old mattress can give you back pain, which makes it tougher when your budget options don’t allocate any funds to purchase a new mattress. Now if you are ready to exchange to buy a new mattress, then read my review on 3 Best Mattresses For A Bad Back.
The ViscoSoft 4 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper is an easy budget option that will help to decrease aches and pains you may experience when going to bed. The excellent density of this topper is designed to keep your spine in proper alignment.
This is what prevents morning pain from taking place. Throughout your day, you can go about doing your daily activities without experiencing pain.
This mattress is 4 inches thick and is made from gel-infused memory foam. The mattress topper will contour to the different angles of your body so you can attain the most benefit while you sleep. It will help to relieve any pressure points you may experience.
Another thing that I really like about this mattress topper is that it allows airflow to be released. This helps to let the body heat escape so that you won’t get too hot. Instead, it is constructed to keep you cool.
The quilted pillow top layer is extra plush, which means you can sleep cooler because it will wick away sweat and heat from your body.
If you are not happy with your mattress topper, you can return for up to 60 days and get a full refund.
3. Red Nomad Ultra Premium Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Reduces hip pain
- Excellent for side sleepers
- Easy to fall asleep on
- Made for both adults and children
- Certi-PUR certified
- Excellent for cervical spinal injuries
- 5-year limited warranty
The Red Nomad Ultra Premium Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Topper is a premium made product. The mattress topper is made without mercury, lead, or other heavy materials that would disrupt sleep. It also has low volatile organic compound emissions for indoor air quality.
The 3-inch thickness carries a density of 2.5 pounds per cubic foot. It’s a very comfortable sleeping surface, which supports your body then and contours to provide release of pressurized pain points. It acts as a great buffer between your body and the mattress on your bed.
It doesn’t matter whatever position you sleep in; the mattress topper will be comfortable and soft while providing a gentle hug to your body. This mattress topper is pretty good at maintaining a cool sleeping temperature.
The memory foam of this topper is very sturdy as well as resistant to tearing at the sides or edges. The density of the foam will help the topper to retain its shape over the long-term.
Red nomad mattress topper comes with slippage prevention. Meaning that if you place it on your mattress, it will not slip out from underneath you.
The mattress topper includes a five-year limited warranty, which means you’re protected should your mattress topper arrive to you in a damaged condition.
4. Sleep Innovations Gel Memory Foam 4-inch Dual Layer Mattress Topper
- 4 inches thickness
- Supportive and Comfortable
- Contours to release pain pressure points
- Great for people needing daytime sleep
- Eases back pain
- Wicks away sweat
- 10-year limited warranty
The Sleep Memory Foam 4-inch Dual Layer Mattress Topper is going to provide the same benefits that a memory foam mattress topper would. This mattress is topped with a fluffy layer of luxurious comfort.
The quilted fiberfill is like sleeping on a large-sized pillow. You will be able to attach it to the gel memory foam to prevent slippage. It has cooling abilities to keep you nice and cool for a night of peaceful night sleep.
This topper is great for those who sleep hot or have back pain. The gel memory foam layer will help relieve painful pressure points as well as help to keep your spine in alignment. If you’re using an older mattress due to budget reasons, this topper will bring new life into your nighttime rest.
The mattress topper’s layer will fit on the foam securely with the elastic edges keeping it in place. The stitching of the fiberfill is quite simple yet elegantly stitched in a single stitch.
This mattress is supportive and comfortable, which means you wake up in the morning without too many aches or pain. You can sleep in any position you wish, yet the mattress will contour to your sleeping positions.
The mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty. Manufacturers of this memory foam mattress topper stand behind their product.
5. eLuxurySupply 3 Inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 3 inches thickness
- Reduces motion transfer
- Durable with long-lasting qualities
- Excellent for side sleepers
- Contours around body angles
- 1-year warranty
The eLuxurySupply 3 Inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper is hypoallergenic, people with allergies would definitely benefit from this topper. The topper is very soft, meaning it is great to lie down on.
There will be a little off-gassing, but don’t be alarmed as it is compressed and vacuum packed. It will dissolve within 48 hours. The 3 inches thick topper will lay nice and flat on your bed. It does not slip or fall off the bed.
Although memory foam is known to be hot, this topper is designed to stay cool. It’s great for people who sleep warm but prefer cool sleeping conditions. The topper offers exceptional contouring around the body angles to provide relief to pressure points; you will be able to sleep in any body position you prefer.
It will absorb motion, meaning if you sleep with someone, they will not be disturbed as you slip into bed. It is durable and made to last longterm.
You will get 30 days to try out this product, and the manufacturer offers a one year warranty.
Some Final Words On Best Mattress Toppers For Fibromyalgia
Each of the mattress topper’s has great reviews at Amazon. After investigating all the features, I’ve concluded that they will definitely provide the softness as well as contouring to the body angles to make sure you get a great sleep.
If you want to check out the mattresses I recommend, please click on the link to learn more about them. Read Jagi’s post on 5 Simple Fibromyalgia Sleep Remedies to get more natural ways to alleviate fibromyalgia symptoms.
Share comments below how you feel about mattress toppers.