What essential oils are good for sinuses, you wonder?
Good thing you are here today. I’m going to review the top 5 essential oils which I find are the most beneficial for sinus related issues which can lead to a night of undisturbed sleep.
If you want to learn how to deal with sinus congestion naturally, read the post on how to sleep when you have a stuffy nose.
What Are Essential Oils
Essentials oils are also known as volatile oils due to their evaporation, which happens quickly when coming in contact with oxygen. Essential oils are derived from healing plants; they can either be obtained by water or steam distillation, or by cold pressing. Via any one of these processes oils can be extracted in a highly concentrated form.
There are usually more than 5000 chemical compounds that makeup commonly used oils. The oils when diffused bind to receptor sites in the nose, which then disperses the signals to the olfactory nerve, this helps the brain to release the necessary direction to the body.
How Do Essential Oils Work
During allergy or cold season, our bronchi become very weak, and the body starts to be deprived of oxygen. Although many of us turn to over-the-counter medication, not all of them are safe for us. Some of the chemicals which are supposed to help relieve us of our symptoms actually may do more harm than good.
This is where essential oils come in. They help to alter our mental, physical, and emotional well-being by giving strength to our body’s own natural processes. The oils are made up of tiny molecules that deliver healing properties to our immune system to help control our physiological state.
There are two different ways that essential oils can be absorbed. Not all oils will work this way, so you will need to read the label to make sure that you are in using them in the right way.
Most oils can be diffused, you will need a diffuser to help release gentle steam into your space to allow your sinuses to open up. Most times, people use diffusers when they’re going to bed, as this is the time when congested sinuses act up the most. The common issue during clogged sinuses is breathing. In my opinion wedge pillows counteract sinus issues really well too.
Anyways back to essential oils, the two ways of using them are:
- Inhalation – when essential oils are inhaled through the nose, the tiny nerves in the nose send a signal straight to the brain to get to work to moderate our minds and bodies. Some oils can be inhaled orally by mouth.
- Topical application – some essential oils can be applied directly to the skin. When they are applied directly to the skin, the oil is absorbed into the bloodstream by the pores or hair follicles. Once inside, the oils spread out to the different organs and systems which need healing or repairing.
There are four different methods of inhaling essential oils:
- Diffuser – as discussed above you can place a couple of drops oil of your choice into the diffuser filled with water, then allow the water to gently release mist into the air to help cleanse out your sinuses. This is also an excellent way to add an aroma to a room. Many people use essential oils during a yoga session. This helps to open up the bronchi as well as release sweat from the body to promote healing. Diffusing oils is my preferred method as the diffuser will shut off when there is little water left so the need for maintenance is not required as much, plus they can run all night long.
- Steam – by adding a few drops of essential oil to boiled water in a bowl, you can inhale the steam which vaporizes the oil quite quickly. All you need to do is lean over the bowl, but remember not too close. The steam will rise up into your face and nose to open up your sinuses. When you take in a deep breathe it will promote internal healing.
- Spray – you can get a spray bottle, fill it with water add a few drops of essential oil to create a room deodorizer. You will need to shake it up to make sure that the oil and the water are mixed really well. Many people use peppermint essential oils to spray their furniture to enhance sinus healing as well as create alertness.
- Dry Evaporation – a couple of drops of essential oil can be placed on cotton balls, which then can be put into a bowl. This will allow the essential oils to evaporate into the air. Some people leave these on their nightstand by their beds to make it easier to inhale the aroma during their sleep.
Now let’s Discuss what essential oils are good for sinuses where you are going to get some sleep.
1. doTERRA Breathe Essential Oil Respiratory Blend
Do TERRA Breathe has a refreshing fragrance that can be used to induce feelings of clear, easy breathing. The oil will help you to maintain easy breathing and promote a restful night’s sleep.
It is one of the more popular oils which has been used to clear up sinus, allergies, or cold-like symptoms. This oil will help you to minimize the effects which seasonal changes bring along.
The essential oils used to make this blend are Laurel leaf, peppermint, eucalyptus, Melaleuca, lemon, cardamom, raivintsara, and ravensara. This oil can be applied to the chest, back, the bottom of the feet or you can diffuse it in an essential oil diffuser.
The oil comes in a pack of two bottles with each containing 15 ml per bottle.
Return the essential oil within 30 days and you will get a 100% refund. If you return the product between days 31-90, you will get a 90% refund. Return after days 91 to 1 year, you will a store credit of 90%.
2. Artizen Breath
Artizen Breathe contains pure oils that are deeply concentrated. The benefits you receive are to the maximum, due to the oils not being diluted by any other products. Namely chemicals.
It doesn’t matter if you are experiencing respiratory problems or just need to recover from a cold or flu. Aritzen Breathe will help you achieve that so that you can sleep easier at night without being congested. It is perfect for allergy sufferers.
If you are one of those individuals who have low immune issues, then this essential oil will be right for you too. It comes in a 4-ounce glass bottle.
3. Edens Garden Peppermint 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil
Edens Garden Peppermint Essential oil is known to address both mental and physical aspects of aliments to help you heal faster.
The essential oil diffuses a minty aroma which is sweet yet refreshing. Even after diffusion has stopped, the scent is in the air.
It’s 100% pure meaning no toxins or chemicals have been used to create this oil. This essential oil has an ability to suppress headaches as well as open up sinus airways.
But it doesn’t just stop there; the oil helps to boost energy and relieve stress.
The oil is commonly used to help lift negative feelings, fight infectious bacteria as well as diffuses impurities and moisturize the skin.
It increases oxygen concentration in the brain, which helps to reduce exhaustion, this will leave you feeling refreshed and energized.
This is what makes it a phenomenal remedy at hand, especially when you’re feeling dizzy, stressed, fighting a cold or flu symptoms, and feel sleepless.
It comes in a pack of two with each bottle containing 10 ml of oil.
4. Coughing Ease
Coughing Ease helps to clear out allergies which get caught in the respiratory tract. Not only that our sinuses also get cleared up.
Coughing Ease essential oil is made with a blend of eucalyptus, peppermint, and lavender. While the lavender oil is an anti-inflammatory, eucalyptus also has its own antiseptic properties.
Peppermint oil will help to clear out the respiratory tract.
The combinations of these oils will soothe congestion, and the bronchi which are blocked will be loosened because the mucous becomes broken up.
The oil is 100% natural; It will not cause any harm to you and is made of superior quality extracts. It contains no preservatives, alcohol, or any other chemicals which may cause damage to the human body.
For vegan lovers, this is the perfect oil as it is vegan-friendly, pesticide-free, and made of non-GMO ingredients.
It is a 15 mL bottle. You get a one-year customer satisfaction warranty. If you don’t receive the benefits, you will get your full refund. No questions asked.
5. Breathe Blend
Breathe Blend helps to relieve stuffiness and congestion, which can because of allergies or a seasonal change. This is essential oil will help you to fight against germs, which can get caught in the respiratory tract.
The oil will provide a gentle soothing to your airways to promote more natural breathing.
The spicy, comforting warm scent helps to ease inflammation as well as irritation, which is caused by swelling of the airways.
The combination to create this blend is eucalyptus, peppermint, tea tree, lemon, lavender, cardamom essential oils. It is pure 100%; there are no chemicals mixed into this blend.
The oil blend will help you recover from cold, cough as well as sinus related issues, mainly being congestion. You will experience no drowsiness; toxins will be not be released into your body.
Instead, the blend will act as an antiseptic to block any further infection.
It has been tested for purity, and the quality is guaranteed. There are no synthetic chemicals that have come into contact with this oil.
It comes in a 10 ml size bottle and is packaged in a dark amber glass bottle with your easy style dropper. The cap is seal proof.
Some final words to remember is that all essential oils are very potent. You will need to be cautious with them, remember a couple of drops will go a long way in providing the sign is healing you need.
Even though I’ve done my best to give you the rundown on what essential oils are good for sinuses, you will still need to read the labels to use them in their most beneficial way.
Some oils may cause skin irritations if applied directly to the skin. To dilute the essential oils use 100% pure coconut oil, this will help to reduce the irritation quickly.
Make sure to read label directions before using essential oils. Never put the oils in eyes, ears, nose, or other areas with sensitive skin.
Let me know in the comments below about your use of essential oils.
Why should you get one of these best recliners for sleeping after surgery? Because getting a good recliner can make all the difference in how…
You will find our 5 best backrest reading pillows recommendations affordable. Not only that, but they provide optimal neck/back support. Post Contents What Are Backrest…